Looking for Resources to talk to KIDS about the virus?
NYC School Library System has compiled a list of free digital children’s books about coronavirus, available here. The list includes picture books, workbooks, and many are available in multiple languages.
AACAP, the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychology, has also provided resources for helping kids and parents talk about COVID-19. Read their tips here.
Informational comics about COVID-19:
- Comics for Good is a website that publishes a new COVID-19 comic every week. Each includes comics on topics such as handwashing, masks, and staying at home.
- COVID-19 Myths, Debunked tackles some of the misinformation around the coronavirus.
- The Side Eye: Viruses vs. Everyone explains how the virus spreads by looking at individual cells, individual people, and the global population.
- Skating on Thin Ice covers the cancelation of the Stanley Cup in 1918 due to the Spanish flu.
- Hand Washing Like a Pro turns handwashing into a fun story.
- Graphic Medicine A collection of online COVID-19 comics as well as links to and reviews of graphic novels about the experience of illness.