While closed, the Intrepid Museum has assembled a one-stop-shop of all its online resources, Experience Intrepid Anywhere
, where the public, including educators, parents, students, veterans and military families, can stay engaged with the Museum digitally through teacher and home-school resources, virtual tours, oral histories, virtual talks, virtual veterans programs, and much more. Access to all of the online programs and digital content is free.
Here’s what you can find and do on the Intrepid website:
– Virtually visit the museum: access many of the Museum’s historical spaces, artifacts and archives for free. Virtually explore the Museum’s most intriguing spaces, including the aircraft carrier Intrepid, submarine Growler, the Concorde and the Shuttle Pavilion. Click here to virtually visit the Museum!
– Intrepid’s YOUTUBE Channel: search and explore over 300 engaging videos featuring aircraft highlights, Women in History, behind-the-scenes features, collection showcases and much more. Watch channel now.
– Oral History Project: View and listen to stories of those who served on board the historic aircraft carrier Intrepid from 1943 to 1974. This collection also includes oral histories from people associated with the submarine Growler, the space shuttle orbiter Enterprise and the supersonic airliner Concorde. Learn more.
– Teacher and Homeschool resources: Learn about the Museum’s many digital educational resources for K-12 and homeschool students, including virtual field trips and online school programs led by our Education team. Learn more.
– Intrepid Animated: In celebration of Intrepid’s 75th commissioning anniversary in 2018, the Museum worked with animator Dustin Grella of Dusty Studio to present the stories of four oral history narrators in a new format through a project called Intrepid Animated. Learn more.
– Intrepid Collections: Explore the Museum’s collection of items related to the service history of its vessels and aircraft. This searchable database provides access to archival aids, transcripts of oral history projects, and other interesting items. Learn more.
– Intrepid’s Journey: Intrepid has undergone an incredible journey, from its service to the U.S. Navy and NASA, to an escape from the scrapyard, to its permanent home on the Hudson, where it continues to inspire over a million annual visitors. Learn about the life of this famed former aircraft carrier and how it was transformed into the Museum and National Historic Landmark we know today. Learn more